Northwest Turkey Brine!
Recipe Type: Turkey Brine
We’ve tested many different brine recipes and this is the one we feel has all the flavor profiles we were after, we hope you like it as much as we do. It will surely impress your family and friends!
- 2 Quarts Apple Juice
- 1 Pound Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 3 Quarts of Water
- 3 Oranges Quartered
- 4oz Fresh Ginger Root Sliced Thin
- 15 Whole Cloves
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 6 Large Garlic Cloves, Peeled and crushed
- Take all the ingredients except the water and place them in the large container you’re going to be brining the turkey in (we use a 5 gallon bucket or a large storage plastic container.)
- Boil the water and dump in the bucket or container and mix everything together until the sugar and salts have dissolved.
- You will want to bring the water to room temp before placing in the turkey, so use ice cubes to help cool off the brine.
- Then place the turkey in the brine for 24 hours and up to 48hrs
- Keep the the turkey below 40F during the brining process
- TIP: Squeeze the oranges before placing in the brine to help get the juice out of them and then throw the whole orange peels and all in the brine.